Saturday, April 13, 2013

Excuse Me Sir, Are You Wearing a Sweater?

As a therapist I come in contact with a lot of different body types. However, on this particular day I encountered a BEAST of a man.


 It started out just like normal. I found my client, introductions, hows your day so for, blah blah blah, just the usual in meeting a new client. I lead him to my massage room and start explaining,  "I'll be stepping out of the room if he could please undress to wear he is comfortable and get under the top sheet of the massage table laying face down first", like I do with every client. step out for a moment or two so he can get situated. I knock on the door and step back in.  As I walk back in the room I always do a grounding technique, where I place my hands over the sheet on the client's back and ask them to take a couple of deep breaths to calm their bodies. As I finish my grounding I pull back the sheet and notice he did not take off his sweater. Thank God I caught myself from saying anything because I noticed it was not a sweater, it was the HAIR on his back.


 As I realize this I think to myself I have no oil, only lotion. This is a bad scenario since lotion will just clump into this jungle of black back hair! So I try my best, I start to glide down his back never touching skin only HAIR!!!!!!  The hair is so THICK and DENSE it is exfoliating my hands ( I guess I don't have to loofah tonight LOL). 

I know with each stroke, hair is just accumulating all over my poor arms and hands. The rest of his body is no where as hairy as his back. As our session ends and I walk out of the room into some light I notice what looks like PUBIC hair covering my arms!  I am mortified and somewhat disturbed.  He leaves and tips generously. 

The LESSON as a therapist is to ALWAYS keep oil on hand because it makes the hair easier to deal with or if you area client do some MANSCAPING it is very much appreciated. 

Heart Ya, Ginger



1 comment: