Sunday, April 7, 2013

To Shower or Not To Shower?!?!?

 So,  I get a client today that wants a sports massage. No problem, I do them all the time. So I go and get my client and she is wearing workout gear, I understand you want to be comfortable before and after a massage so no high maintenance necessary here. So I ask the client what areas she wants worked on. She let me know she had just run a full marathon and needed her legs, hips and back really stretched out. OK, sounds good I'll be back in just few to start working. 

 As I walk back into the room it fills with the stench of sweat. Now I notice she has not taken a shower after the marathon, over 26 miles. REALLY!!!


 Can I ask would you shower before you had a doctor's visit? Probably. Why? Because you are totally naked and every orifice can be smelled. 

 Well during the massage her skin is so damp from her sweat that I don't even need lotion, GROSS!!!! And when body parts are stretched and moved around HORRIBLE smells are coming from her. 



 Alright well you think this happens once in a blue moon but you are wrong, it happens quite frequently. You would think people would have the common sense to shower after lets say a marathon or a round of golf, or a visit to the gym but they DON'T.

  If you are going to get naked and get on a table to let someone touch you, one would hope a shower was in their recent past. Listen we all sweat and we all have a smell but for the LOVE of God please be aware of your hygiene. SHOWER and use SOAP! 

Lesson for the day.

2 comments: