Saturday, April 6, 2013

No Creepy Guy, I do not want to go out with you.



 Hello, my name is Ginger and I have been a Licensed Massage Therapist for 10 years now. I come home everyday and tell my roommate all the crazy stories I experience during work and he suggested that I started blogging about them. Please forgive me if my sentences or any other grammar is incorrect, I am NOT a writer. 

Here is my first story I'll let you in on. last week I get a male client that comes in where I work and wants a good looking female therapist with "strong hands". When I greet the man he stands up and must be at least 6'5" and over 300 lbs. This does not intimidate me since I work on a lot of athletes, however his energy is very off putting. I mean the way he leans in to shake my hand and making small comments like how beautiful my hair is and that I look really healthy.

 Anyways we get into the massage room and I go through the schpeel,  do you have any areas you want me to work on, what is your preference on pressure, do you have any medical conditions. He keeps it short and clean, nothing out of the ordinary except if I do a good enough job he may ask me to marry him. 


So, I start the massage. I always start my client laying face down on the table so I can work on their back, since it is usually the most stressed. I use my elbow a lot for deep pressure so I can save my hands.  As I lean into the stroke on his back he lets a moan that is very disturbing almost skin crawling. I ask if he is alright and he says, "I haven't felt that way in such a long time". OK now I am officially getting creeped out. 
In my mind I'm praying, "LORD please help me". Then the man says,"OK why don't we go out tonight and you can work out some more kinks in my body". 

Now, here is the lesson I want to teach every female therapist or any woman that can't get away from an annoying male that won't give up. I told him he may want to talk to my husband, he's a lumberjack and always carries an axe with him. That man shut up so fast and the rest of the massage went fantastic. No more comments and no more moaning and I still got a wonderful tip. 


Stay tuned for more massage tips and stories.


 Heart Ya, Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment